Green tea is considered to be the healthiest beverage around. It is any day better than coffee and black tea. That’s because the amount of caffeine in green tea is lesser than coffee. This makes it the perfect beverage for health-conscious people.
You will often hear health-conscious people taking green tea. That’s because they are aware of the numerous health benefits offered by green tea. Speaking of which, in this post, we will talk about some interesting facts about green tea that you should all know.
Facts About Green Tea
If you love green tea, then you must know about these facts.
- Green tea doesn’t taste bitter. In case, it does taste bitter, it means that it hasn’t been brewed properly. Many of you make the mistake of brewing it with hot water which is completely wrong. The taste of green tea is better enjoyed when you brew it with cold water.
- One of the good things about green tea is that it doesn’t require any special equipment to be brewed. You can brew it easily with just a kettle. The best way to brew would be to use green tea available in teabags. This makes the process easier and you can have it just like your regular tea.
- There are different types of green tea available and not all of them are green in colour. For instance, Japanese sencha turns bright green after brewing. But most other green tea turns yellow if you brew it properly. So if you see your green tea a little yellowish, don’t have to worry about it.
- For those who don’t know green tea can improve or uplift your mood. It contains L-theanine which is a type of amino acid that helps you to relax. This is why you feel so calm and relaxed, after having a cup of nicely brewed green tea. L-theanine also helps in absorbing the caffeine content in green tea.
- If you are using green tea bags, you shouldn’t leave it in the teapot for long. This can make the tea taste bitter. This is why you should not leave it in water for more than 4 to 5 minutes. When left in water for long, the chlorophyll from the tea is released in the water which makes it taste extremely bitter. To get the best results, you should dip your tea for no more than 3 minutes.
- Green tea can help you lose weight. It helps in increasing the metabolism rate which in return burns more fats stored in your body. This is why it is often recommended by dieticians. However, you should consume it without any sugar. If you are struggling to lose weight, then green tea can be of help to you.
- Green tea is also helpful in lowering the risk of certain types of cancers. It contains certain compounds that are considered to be very effective in preventing breast cancer, prostate cancer, and others. To keep yourself healthy and live a long life, you should switch to green tea.
- Green tea is not matcha. Although it belongs to the same family, it undergoes a different farming process. Also, it is used in powder form and is more concentrated than green tea. So, next time anyone tells you that green tea and matcha are the same, let them know the difference.
Green tea is one such beverage that has loads of health benefits to offer. With regular consumption of green tea, you can increase your life span and also live a healthy life. This should be enough reasons for you to switch to green tea.