Have got a big event planned? But don’t have time to indulge in a proper hair wash? Worried? Don’t know what to do? Well, stop worrying and meet your savior- dry shampoo.
Yes, you heard it right! There are dry shampoos to save you from bad hair days. These shampoos are no less than a pack of wonder. However, still, some of you might be a bit skeptical about using dry shampoos on your hair. Surprisingly, the benefits of dry shampoos are far more compelling than their cons. When used in a regulated amount, dry shampoos can benefit you in a lot of ways.
Below are some of the benefits that you could enjoy when using dry shampoo.
What is dry shampoo?
Before diving into the details about the benefits of using dry shampoos, let us first understand what exactly dry shampoo is. Some people believe that dry shampoo is a smarter and more accessible alternative to the usual shampoo. However, it is not so. Dry shampoos are not alternatives but rather facilitate the process of styling your hair in a shorter duration of time.
This hair product aims at reducing grease, oil, and dirt from your head. The only difference here, from the wet shampoos and their conditioners, is that dry shampoos can be applied even when your hair is dry, and thus the name. You need to apply it to the crown of the head and the other areas where oil and grease usually get deposited.
Benefits of dry shampoo
There is not much to experience on a good hair day. Just a bit of dry shampoo the night before you go to bed, would be enough. Here is why!
- Dry shampoo can absorb the oil and grease from your hair. It consists of alcohol or other starch-based ingredients that can soak up sweat and oil from your hair, thereby making it cleaner.
- Most dry shampoos also have a fragrance. This helps neutralize odor in your hair and make them smell and look fresh in between two consecutive washes.
- Using dry shampoo saves a lot of time. It can make you party-ready in a matter of minutes. This is one of the prominent reasons why it is so popular.
- Some people think that dry shampoos are not as healthy as wet ones, but this is a big misconception. Dry shampoos are another effective way to keep your hair healthy and shiny.
- Dry shampoos also add volume to your hair. The start-based ingredients absorb the oil that weighs down your hair, enhancing your hair’s natural bounce and volume.
Dry shampoos also help retain the natural sheen and color of your hair. And if you have colored hair, sulphate free shampoos are the best option for you as they would help prevent your hair color from washing away quickly. The sulfate-free formula is known to retard color fading while preserving fineness and moisture in your hair. However, be mindful not to overuse a dry shampoo or use it for over two consecutive days. As too much of anything is never good.