Are you setting up a Netgear WiFi range extender for the very first time? Feel a little confused? If the answer to both these questions is a big fat yes, then know that you have somehow landed on the right page. This article will make you familiar with the mywifiext setup steps as well as every little detail that you need in order to perform a Netgear extender setup.
So, are you ready to get the ball in your court beginners? Let us get started then, shall we?
Step-by-Step Instructions to Set Up Your Netgear Extender
- The first step on the list is to decide the location of your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Make sure that you place your extender at the center-most location of your room.
- Placing it near thick concrete walls might disrupt the WiFi signals.
- Additionally, keep your WiFi extender away from washing machines, cordless phones, transmitting appliances, metal objects, and much more.
Press the Power Button
- Once you are done with the placement, build a connection between your extender and router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Then, plug the Netgear extender into a working socket, press the Power button, and wait for the LED lights to turn solid.
- Once the lights on your range extender turn green, jump onto the next step.
Access Mywifiext.net Web Page
- As soon as the LED lights turn green, switch on your laptop and install a web browser, be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
- Make sure that the web browser you are using to access mywifiext.net is updated.
- Next, enter the default web browser in the address bar and press the Enter key to proceed.
- In case the default web browser refuses to be of any help, you are free to use the IP address 192.168.1.250 of the extender instead.
Enter the Default Login Credentials
- The Netgear extender login page will appear after you are done hitting Enter.
- Now, fill in the default username and password of your extender in the required fields and click on the Log In option.
- No idea about what the default login credentials of your extender are? Worry not. Look around, find the Netgear manual, and take reference.
Note: You can also refer to the Netgear manual when you are logging into your Netgear router via www.routerlogin.net.
Change the Location of Your Extender
- Once the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard appears on the screen of your laptop, carefully follow each and every on-screen instruction.
- Now, change the location of your Netgear WiFi range extender in order to complete the setup process.
To perform the Netgear range extender setup in a hassle-free manner, keep the below-mentioned tips in mind:
- While trying to set up your Netgear extender, ensure that your extender and router are in close proximity.
- If your web browser is stopping you from accessing mywifiext.net, then switch to another web browser without hesitating.
Visit here Narcissistic Abuse