Last Updated on May 8, 2023 by asifa
More people than ever are making huge changes in their careers and living situations due to the global pandemic. For this reason, people are using storage facilities in record numbers. Whether they’re renting a short-term self-storage unit to house supplies for a new business or putting their personal belongings into self-storage during a move, they’re finding that renting a storage unit is a great way to make any lifestyle or job transition easier. If you’re looking for a solution to a transition need and aren’t sure whether or not a self-storage facility could help you, read on for ways you may be able to find the perfect storage unit to meet your needs.
Table of Contents
One of the most common and obvious ways people use self-storage units is to store their personal belongings during a move or when staging a home for sale and decluttering. It’s easy enough to find a list of self-storage units in the United States. A simple visit to USStorageUnits can even give you a list of options that will work best for you regarding US storage units.
Personal belongings you could store include family heirlooms, clothing, household supplies, scrapbooks, furniture, and anything you would normally store in your home. Because storage units are secure, you can even store valuable items in any self-storage facility. Self Storage Solutions offers affordable, convenient, and secure storage.
Many people forget that self-storage facilities can accommodate more than just personal belongings. In fact, with more and more people starting small businesses and becoming entrepreneurs, there’s a trend in the self-storage industry to use these secure facilities to hold office supplies and business products.
Maybe you’re like many people and working remotely from home. Perhaps you’ve started a new online business and need a place to store products that you sell from your living room. One great way to store the items you sell is through the affordable rental of a storage unit.
These days, more people than ever are hitting the road or working remotely in RVs and campers. However, having an RV or camper parked in your yard during the off-season can feel cumbersome. The great news is that most storage facilities offer the option of vehicle storage. Instead of parking your RV at home, you can park your RV, motorcycle, camper, or fifth wheel at a storage facility. With easy access and security cameras, you won’t have to worry about your vehicle and can have peace of mind that your property is safe and won’t suffer damage of any kind.
It can be not easy to know how to store electronics safely. Items we depend on in our daily lives, technology is important. Regardless of how you use your electronic items, knowing they’re in a secure facility with climate control can offer peace of mind. While not all storage facilities offer climate control, it’s certainly an option you can ask for. Likewise, there are storage units that include the option for electricity for storing things like freezers. When considering what type of storage you need, be ready to ask questions about your options. Most self-storage facility staffers will be happy to help.
A Quick Overview: What Can I Store in a Storage Unit?
- Sofas, chairs, tables, and other indoor furniture
- Outdoor furniture like patio sets, sun loungers, and hammocks
- Bedroom sets, mattresses, and bedding
- Dining tables, chairs, and dinnerware
- TVs, DVD players, and sound systems
- Gaming consoles, games, and controllers
- Laptops, tablets, and desktop computers
- Printers, scanners, and other office equipment
- Refrigerators, freezers, and ice makers
- Washers, dryers, and laundry accessories
- Stoves, ovens, and microwave ovens
- Air conditioners and heaters
- Clothing and Textiles
- Clothing, shoes, and accessories
- Curtains, drapes, and blinds
- Bedding, sheets, and pillows
- Rugs, carpets, and floor mats
- Sports and Outdoor Gear
- Bicycles, helmets, and bike racks
- Golf clubs, bags, and accessories
- Camping equipment like tents, sleeping bags, and backpacks
- Skiing and snowboarding gear like skis, boots, and poles
- Business Inventory
- Office furniture like desks, chairs, and filing cabinets
- Merchandise for retail or e-commerce businesses
- Trade show displays and materials
- Seasonal inventory like holiday decorations or back-to-school supplies
- Collectibles and Memorabilia
- Sports memorabilia like autographed jerseys or game balls
- Comic books, stamps, and coins
- Artwork, sculptures, and other decorative items
- Musical instruments and equipment
Only you can make the best decision on how to store your valuable items, vehicles, and small business supplies. Whether you need a self-storage unit to store personal belongings while selling a home or are strictly looking for RV storage, the best way to find the perfect self-storage unit for you is to give your local self-storage facility a call to explore options. Somewhere out there is the perfect storage container or unit for you. Best of luck in your transition or move!