If you ever visit a construction or a demolition site, you will come across large open-topped waste containers placed at certain parts of the site. These are skip bins and are designed to collect rubbish in large quantities. The skips are designed to be picked by a specific type of lorry and not just getting emptied into a bin lorry standing at a site. The skip bins are removed from the site one these are filled up properly and then replaced by an empty one. The garbage from the filled skips are emptied at a transfer station or a landfill site.
Skip Bin Sizes
When it comes to the supreme skip bin sizes, these are available in various sizes. You have to hire one of the right size based on the amount of debris that need to be disposed. If there is a miscalculation in the amount of debris that you need to dispose, then you will order a skip of the wrong size and this may lead to higher expenses. Below are some of the popular skip bin sizes discussed for your benefit.
- 2 Cubic Meter: These are the smallest of all skip bins that are available in the market. These are best suited for small amounts of rubbish and measure around 1.8 meters in length, 1.4 meters in width and 0.9 meters in height. The mini skips are more or less equivalent to 10 council of 240L of wheelie bins or 2 standard trailers.
- 3 Cubic Meter: If you have small amounts of rubbish that are longer than usual, then you need the skip bins that are of 3 square meters. They usually measure around 2.4 meters in length, 1.5 meters in width and 0.9 meters in height. The 3 square meter skips are equivalent to 14 council of 240L wheelie bins or 3 standard trailers.
- 4 Cubic Meter: If there are medium amount of rubbish that need to be disposed, then you will require the 4 square meter skip bins. These normally measure around 2.4 meters in length, 1.5 meter in width and 1.2 meter in height. These are equivalent to 18 council of 240L wheelie bins or 4 standard trailers.
- 6 Cubic Meter: These are probably best suited for medium amount of garbage that need to be disposed. The 6 square meter skips measure around 3.3 meters in length, 1.5 meter in width and 1.2 meter in height. These skips are equivalent to around 25 council of 240L wheelie bins or 6 standard trailers.
- 9 Cubic Meter: These skips are ideally suited for either longer items or large amounts of garbage or items that are difficult to cut down. The dimensions of the 9 cubic meter skips are 3.9 meter in length, 1.5 meter in width and 1.5 meter in height. It is equivalent to 37 council of 240L wheelie bins or 9 standard trailers.
There are bigger skips also available that go up to around 30 cubic meters. Their rate tags also differ according to size and material of the bins.