Last Updated on August 17, 2023 by Tabraiz
Inflammatory bowel disease indicates digestive tract inflammation. This condition causes severe stomach pain in most people. This condition is categorized into two and they are ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Some of the common symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease are:
- Sudden weight loss
- blood in your stool
Very rarely, this condition may show symptoms like fever, skin problems and joints pain. There are some good treatment centres in Texas for IBD related problems. If you are looking for the effective and affordable inflammatory bowel disease Austin treatment, you could choose Lone Star Gastroenterology. The majority of the patients who have taken treatment here are highly satisfied with their treatment.
What causes IBD?
The exact cause for inflammatory bowel disease is still not known. According to some studies, malfunction of immune system can cause this disease. The below factors can increase the risk for IBD.
- Cigarette Smoking: If you have a habit of smoking, it is very important to avoid it as it can cause various health problems like inflammatory bowel disease, lungs problem and others.
- Age: As you age you will be at more risk.
- Family History: If any of your family members have IBD, you can be at a greater risk of developing IBD.
- Medications: Usage of certain medications can also cause problems like this.
Taking the treatment for IBD is highly essential. Otherwise, you may experience several complications in the future.
- People with IBD may experience blood clots in their arteries and veins. Signs that indicate you have a blood clot are swelling in your arms or legs, chest pain and breathing problem.
- IBD can also increase the risk of colon cancer. When you see a doctor, he or she will examine your condition and recommends the appropriate tests.
- If you do not take treatment for IBD, your condition might get worsened. Due to this you may experience several problems like eye inflammation, arthritis etc.
- IBD can cause diarrhoea, which can make your body dehydrated. Due to diarrhoea, you will not be able to any of your works. Diarrhoea can also cause malnutrition.
To prevent the health problems like IBD, you must avoid eating processed food. You need to completely quit smoking and avoid stress. You must also avoid taking antibiotics unnecessarily. Sleep for a minimum of 7hrs to 8hrs daily. Prefer home cooked food over the restaurant food.
Take the appointment from the best gastroenterologist in Texas today to find some relief from IBD!
Apart from this, if you want to know about The Common Misleading Information Regarding Inflammatory Bowel disease then please visit our Health category