Last Updated on July 30, 2023 by Tabraiz
Viking range is the most highly used appliance in cafes, restaurants, and most importantly houses. This range is primarily used for various kitchen operations such as preparing food items, freshening up the dishes and baking in an oven, or food preservation. So, it’s basically 24/7 in working and the chances of getting malfunctioning and minor repairs are not a big deal.
Things start to become worse when you don’t take care of it and leave it uncleaned for many days which is not a great deal. That way you expose the range of material to get deteriorated and become inefficient.
Therefore, this article is for you that will help you get to know the steps to follow to perform cleaning operations effectively. On the other hand, for most people cleaning seems quite challenging, so there the best Viking range repair NYC comes in to help you and deal with the situation professionally. So, without wasting any time. Let’s get straight into it.
Table of Contents
Let’s start cleaning your Viking range in 05 simple steps.
Tools you needed.
You need to have the following tools to get started and perform efficient cleaning.
- Soft Microfiber Cloth
- Non-Abrasive Cleaner
- Hot, Soapy Water
- Scrub Brush
- Oven Cleaner (Optional)
- Glass Cooktop Cleaner (Optional)
Pick-up the materials
Baking & Vinegar Soda.
Take a natural approach and use baking and vinegar soda in combination. Simply mix 1/4 cup of baking soda with 1/4 cup of vinegar to prepare a solution. Dampen a cloth with the mixture and apply it to the range hood.
Later, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, allowing it to work its magic. Then, use the cloth to wipe off the solution, to get a clean and refreshed hood.
Range Hood Cleaner
If you prefer a stronger cleaning method, you can also opt for a specialized range hood cleaner. It’s a specially designed cleaner that removes every tough stain. While using it, you need to carefully adhere to the instructions and ensure that you wear gloves to safeguard your hands.
Start with the exterior range hood.
Firstly, let’s focus on the exterior side. So, follow these steps for effective cleaning.
- Make sure the hood is turned off and unplugged.
- Take a soft, damp cloth and wipe down the surface of the hood, ensuring you cover all areas.
- Give extra attention to stubborn spots, using a bit more pressure if needed.
- Then use a brush to clean the buttons and the vents, to remove grime that is already accumulated. By the end of the procedure, the results will be promising in terms of shining and dirt removal.
Take apart the range hood and clean the filters and grease cups.
Most people usually get stuck at this step, but don’t worry. In order to avoid complications, implement the following steps.
To get the best optimal performance of your range hood, regular cleaning of the filters and grease cups is vital.
Here is how to dismantle them and go for deep cleansing.
- First thing first, turn off the hood and detach it.
- Now, remove the mesh filters, depending on your specific model. It may have some screws that lose the grease cups. So, watch diligently and check if you need screwdrivers.
- It’s time to put the filters and cups in hot water allowing them to soak for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Scrub them evenly using a brush to get rid of dirt. Then, thoroughly rinse the components to remove the solution and let them dry. Don’t re-attach the parts until they get dried out completely.
How to season & clean Viking griddle?
Seasoning the Griddle.
- Start by preheating the griddle on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. This helps open up the pores of the griddle surface.
- Once the griddle is hot, take a paper towel and apply a thin layer of cooking oil or melted shortening all over the surface. This will help create a non-stick surface.
- Then, let the oil heat up and cook for another 10-15 minutes. This way the oil will penetrate and bond with the surface, enhancing its non-stick properties.
- Once heating is done, turn off the griddle and let it cool down. It may require half an hour to be touched without any safety hazards. Now, pick up a clean cloth and wash off any excess oil, leaving a well-seasoned griddle ready for cooking.
Cleaning the Griddle
- After each use, make sure the griddle cools down completely before cleaning.
- Then, use a flat spatula or grill scraper to get rid of food debris from the surface.
- By using the sponge and wipe down the griddle area, to remove grease.
- If you still see some visible stubborn food particles, you can use the same paste you recently made for the range hood. Apply to the stains, let it sit for a few minutes, and then gently scrub with a non-abrasive brush. After rinsing off the area, believe it or not, you will see a drastic change in results.
Seek professional help from the best Viking range repair NYC
Professionals are professionals, you can’t compete with their experience and skill level. Therefore, you need to services of the best Viking range repair NYC to schedule the cleaning processes and fix range issues.
They know how to tackle the situations. Additionally, if you are a working professional it will be tough for you to spare some time and fix the issues as it requires hours to be carefully accomplished. It’s better you hire them and let professionals do their job.