Cardiology is characterized as the study of the heart and its related disorders. Cardiovascular diseases are a much broader area of study which includes the study of the heart and the blood vessels. India often called the cardiovascular capital of the world has seen the number of cardiovascular diseases rising in recent years. This is mainly attributed to an unhealthy lifestyle, lack of physical exercise, and a high-fat diet.
A Cardiologist is the one who diagnoses and treats diseases of the heart or cardiovascular diseases. They often treat patients who have suffered or are at a high risk of suffering heart failures, heart attacks or any other such conditions. There is a dire scarcity of cardiologists in India and the treatment costs are high and go on for a very long period of time. Routine check-ups may help diagnose the disease at an earlier stage so that long term complications are minimized.
Table of Contents
When do you require a cardiologist/Cardiology?
If any of your family members – parents or siblings – suffer from any heart condition it is advisable to get yourself checked by a reputed cardiologist like Lindita Coku MD. A sit and wait approach is not advisable when it comes to heart problems. The cardiologist may then suggest lifestyle modifications or special diets to delay the onset of heart problems. People with diabetes are also at a higher risk and should visit a cardiologist regularly. People who have suffered a heart disease at a young age are also more susceptible to heart problems in the future. If you have been diagnosed with high cholesterol levels, you are at twice more susceptible to heart disease than others.
Read More: 7 Ways To Improve Digestion Naturally
You must always choose a trusted cardiologist who has sufficient number of experience. Since any complications can lead to death, such cases must be handled with utmost care and concern. Quality specialists means you might have to strain your wallet. But with the health EMI card available online you can rest assured that in dire circumstances, you will not need to worry about the costs.
Monitoring your blood pressure levels on a regular basis is a must. Elevated blood pressure levels are another major cause of heart problems. There are several measures that can be taken to reduce cholesterol levels in such individuals. If a woman who has preeclampsia may be referred to a cardiologist by her primary care physician as she may be at a higher risk of developing heart disease in the future.
Some symptoms which require immediate medical /Cardiology attention include –
- Shortness of breath
- Elevated blood pressure levels
- Arrhythmia/Changes in the heart rhythm
- Lightheadedness or Dizziness
- Chest Pains
If a doctor found any symptoms of cardiac problem he/she will suggest the following test to better optimise the cardiac condition, related problem and treatment.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) to measure heart’s electrical activity
- Ambulatory ECG to measure heart’s rhythm or rate. For this an electrodes of small metals are digged on the area of chest and then wires are connected over it to a monitor which easily fetch the rhythm of your heart
- Stress Test to measure changes of heart rate at the time of exercise and rest.
- Echocardiogram to get an ultrasound of the structure of the heart chambers and area surrounded it. It also generate the report of cardiac output by observing how the blood is pumping in your heart
- Nuclear cardiology to observer cardiovascular diseases and disorders using a radioactive material. Examples of nuclear cardiology are infarction imaging, Spect imaging or myocardial perfusion imaging
- Cardiac catheterization to check how the heart and electrical system of the heart is functioning. A small tube in this process collects the data of your heart and takes pictures of how your heart is functioning.
If you find yourself at risk for any kind of heart disease it is always better to have health insurance so that in dire circumstances, you need not worry about securing finances. You can apply for a Health Card so that you can divide all your medical expenses into easy EMIs. You can get it online and will be activated instantly.
This document was designed for knowledge purposes only and suggesting you the best way how to finance for your treatment.