Last Updated on November 28, 2022 by Tabraiz
It has been estimated that over 2 million children as adopted every year in the USA. This ratio is on the rise because the mother is becoming aware of the advantages it gives to the child. Also for the adoptive parents Adopting A Child In Georgia is beneficial in many ways.
What Various Circumstances Make The Father Absent?
When someone gives a child up for adoption you see that both the birth parents have agreed to it. But on other occasions, only one parent that is the mother has signed the parental right termination. A big concern for the additive parents is why the father is not in the picture. Below are some reasons for this absence.
- The main reason for the absence of the father is that the mother doesn’t know about the father. This especially happens when the mother has been raped. Or the father was just passing by a person.
- Sometimes the father is known to all, but he is not ready to take responsibility of any sort. The support can be in the form of financial as well as emotional. But the father is not providing any.
- Another reason for the father being away from the picture is that he has been imprisoned. So it has to be considered as an important process in Adopting A Child In Georgia because many times the father returns and demands to meet the child.
- It is a serious offense against the child that the biological father has an abusive nature. The mother can file a petition in court to terminate the rights of the father on this basis.
- This is a strong indication that the father is not willing to take responsibility for the child. That is why he has suggested the mother have an abortion.
Adopting A Child In Georgia With Absent Father
You will find many adoption lawyers like Tom Tebeau who have plenty of experience on how to handle the adoption of a child whose father is not present. The adoptive parents should be prepared to handle children with the following tips whose fathers are absent.
- The best thing that adoptive parents can do is wait for the child to talk about their father themselves. It can be dangerous to start discussing the topic when the child is not emotionally stable.
- When children are going through abandoned child syndrome they will react differently.
- If the child asks about his/ her birth father; then you have to be honest about everything. But the point not here is that your words have to be soft and positive. It will be bad on your part that you lie because when the truth will come out the child will never be able to trust you.
- Many children think that they are born that is why the fathers have left them. Make sure that they realize that this is not the reason.
- The adoptive parents should support the child in every way; especially emotionally because the child might be seeing the father for the first time.
- Lastly, you have to be prepared with a few questions that you need to ask the father. In this way, the Adopting A Child In Georgia process can be made easy.