No one wants their email sendings to end up on a SendGrid blacklist. Unfortunately, there are a lot of ways to get blacklisted, and it can be hard to tell if your account is in danger of being flagged. In this blog post, we will discuss what SendGrid blacklisting is, how you can avoid being blacklisted, and what to do if your account has already been penalized. Stay safe out there and run email spam testing regularly to secure your campaign!
When you leverage SendGrid, you are supposed to make use of SendGrid MX record which determines a mail server which is liable for accepting emails on behalf of a domain. This record is presented in the DNS system and it verifies that the email is routed adequately via SendGrid SMTP. To make it clear, SendGrid SMTP service utilizes its servers to send out messages from the clients’ name.
What Does SendGrid Blacklisting Imply?
Sending out an email campaign is a great way to reach your target audience and boost your business. However, if you’re not careful, you may end up on the SendGrid blacklist. This can be a huge blow to your business, as it will severely limit the number of people who receive your emails. Don’t forget to leverage an email delivery test to ensure whether your messages reach their target recipients. It’s recommended to send a test email online to be certain that its design and content are presented properly.
If you’re using SendGrid to send out your email campaigns, it’s important to be aware of the possibility of being blacklisted. A blacklist is a list of IP addresses or domains that are considered to be spamming. If your IP address or domain is on the SendGrid blacklist, your emails will not be delivered to recipients. This can have a serious impact on your business, as it will limit your ability to reach your target audience.
Sendgrid blacklisting occurs when SendGrid, one of the largest email service providers, decides to block or filter emails from a particular sender. This can happen for a number of reasons, including:
- sending spammy emails,
- having a large number of bounced emails,
- having too many complaints from recipients.
If your account is blacklisted, it can be difficult to get it removed and your sendings may be severely disrupted.
What to Do not to Get Blacklisted?
There are a few things you can do to avoid being blacklisted by SendGrid.
- First, make sure that you are not sending any spammy or unsolicited emails. If you are only sending emails to people who have signed up to receive them, you are less likely to be marked as a spammer.
- Second, keep an eye on your bounce rate and make sure that it stays below SendGrid’s threshold. If you start to see a lot of bounced emails, take action to fix the issue. Make use of spam testing to get to know what slows down your email deliverability.
- Finally, pay attention to the number of complaints you are receiving. If people are marking your emails as spam, SendGrid may take action.
What to Do to Be Deleted from SendGrid Blacklist?
If you find yourself on SendGrid’s blacklist, don’t despair. There are a few steps you can take to get removed.
- First, reach out to SendGrid and let them know what happened. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and get removed from the blacklist.
- Second, send a note to all of your subscribers letting them know what happened and asking them to whitelist your email address. This will help ensure that your emails are delivered in the future.
- Finally, take a look at your sending practices and make sure you are following SendGrid’s best practices. Don’t neglect using SendGrid domain authentication. This will help you avoid getting blacklisted again in the future.
The notion of a SendGrid blacklist can be daunting, but by taking a few simple steps, you can steer clear of it. Keep an eye on your email bounces and complaints, and reach out to SendGrid if you have any questions. By following best practices, you can avoid getting blacklisted altogether.
There are a few things you can do to avoid being blacklisted by SendGrid. First, make sure that you are only sending emails to people who have opted in to receive them. Second, avoid using aggressive marketing tactics, such as buying lists of email addresses or sending unsolicited emails. Finally, make sure that your emails are well-designed and offer value to the recipient. If you follow these tips, you should be able to avoid being blacklisted by SendGrid.
Stay tuned for our further blog posts. We’ll share more tips on how to avoid getting blacklisted by SendGrid. In the meantime, check out our Deliverability Guide for more information on best practices. If you aren’t as confident as you would like to be, try out a marketing platform with a wide range of services like Sendinble (don’t forget your login when you have enrolled).
Do you have any tips for avoiding the SendGrid blacklist? Share them in the comments below!