Last Updated on November 27, 2022 by Tabraiz
Do you wish to study a substantial academic course in Australia? If yes, then apply for the student visa 500immediately to make your dream come true. This particular student visa allows you to study a valid academic course and you can stay in Australia with this visa for the next 5 years. However, if you want to become eligible for the Australian student visa 500, you need to meet certain criteria in the proper and expected. Amongst all these criteria, the two of the most crucial requirements are meeting the health and character requirements. Hopefully, the below given write-up is going to give you a clear idea about how complying with all the health and character requirements of the student visa 500 forms an imperative part for every applicant out there to ensure a successful application of his/her Australian student visa.
Table of Contents
How to meet the character requirements of the visa subclass 500?
When applying for the student visa subclass 500, you must prove that you are of a good moral character and don’t have any criminal intentions to fulfil whilst staying in Australia. According to section 501 of the Migration Act of 1958, comprising the Australian legal protocol, the applicant needs to meet certain character requirements to apply for the student visa 500 successfully. This requires you to qualify in a particular character test apart from proving a few of the circumstances to the Department of Home Affairs given below:
- You need to prove that you don’t have any dire intention to pose a threat to the Australian community or any of its parts.
- By showing a substantial evidence to your Australian immigration department, you will also have to prove that you haven’t come to Australia to disrepute any of the sectors of the Australian community except for the purpose of studying.
- Apart from these, you must substantiate this fact as well that you are not going to assault, molest or harass any Australian citizen or a person who comprises an imperative part of the Australian community.
Always remember that, in order to apply for the student visa 500 successfully, you need to prove that you do not have the intention to commit any of the criminal actions mentioned above. Apart from these, you should be free from some of these criminal records given below.
- Acquittal of a criminal offence due to a physical or mental impairment, and, if the offender is on a detention, and is staying in a particular haven or any other organization as a result of that.
- A jail sentence which includes an imprisonment of 2 years or more than 2 years and
- A jail sentence which includes an imprisonment of 12 months or a little bit more than that.
So, after getting through the required character test and proving some of the circumstances mentioned above, it’s time for you to apply for your student visa subclass 500 effectively. While applying for your Australian student visa, your Home Affairs Minister will ask you to meet some of the below given criteria.
- Provision of all the necessary information
- Answering of all the questions honestly and correctly and
- Confession of all your former criminal activities (if any) to your Home Affairs Minister etc.
In any case, if you provide incorrect information about any of your criminal records, then the Department of Home Affairs shall be compelled to refuse/cancel your student visa all of a sudden.
How to meet the health requirements of the students visa 500?
When it comes to applying for your student visa 500 in a hassle-free manner, you must meet a couple of health requirements too as a part of the visa application process. For, a health examination will be conducted by your Australian immigration department and you will be required to get through that particular health test successfully. This requires you to prove that your body is free from some of the diseases mentioned below.
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C and
While your health examination gets conducted, you have to invariably undergo a couple of tests including the Tuberculosis Screening Test, HIV test as well as the chest x-ray to ascertain the absence or presence of Hepatitis B and C in your body. You need to undergo this particular medical examination only if:
- You have been employed to work as a trainee or professional at a substantial Australian childcare centre ( this includes playschools as well as preschools)
- Planning to work at a reputed Australian medical care centre as a doctor, nurse or dentist.
- For any reason you had to spend 3 months back to back for the last 5 years in a country which is considered as a high health risk nation, in case, you are going to join a particular Australian hospital or healthcare centre.
Apart from these, the health requirements of your student visa 500 may vary to a great extent, depending on the length of your stay as well as the severity a few of the circumstances mentioned above.
Why need Australian health insurance?
You must be the holder of substantial health insurance to apply for the visa subclass 500successfully. This requires you to obtain the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) in the proper manner. This will provide you with all the essential medical facilities and expenses in case you get detected with a critical disease in Australia. This forms an essential part of the various health requirements mentioned above which you will have to meet without a failure. Apart from all these vital pieces of information, you must know that you will have to undergo your health examination at least 6 months before the commencement of your academic program.
Get the professional assistance of an immigration agent, Perth
In order to comply with some of these health and character requirements in the best possible way, you can always feel free to get in touch with a professional migration agent Perth to attain a successful application of your student visa application. So, hire a competent Perth based immigration agent today and meet all the health and character requirements of the student visa 500 effectively.