There are a number of reasons why people visit Australia. Some people come here for professional opportunities. Others come to travel. Then there are students who come here for University courses. There are a number of lucrative courses and colleges here in Australia that people can apply for. These course are all in accordance with the job prospects of the area.
Now, coming to Australia is not a very complicated process. All you need is a visa and the proper documents to clear the immigration. There are different types of visa classes and subclass that you can apply for depending on your residence position. The Temporary Graduate visa subclass 485, for instance, is suitable for graduate students who are already staying here. Read on to know all about the visa subclass 485 and how to apply for it
What is visa subclass 485?
Visa subclass 485 is a temporary visa for international students who have graduated from Australian institutions. This allows foreign students to live, study and work in the country for a stipulated time period. This duration generally extends from 18 months to 4 years frame depending on your course and period of study. The visa subclass 485 is only for students who have or had the residence permit of the country and have lived here for some time. It is not for people who are coming here for the first time.
The students eligible for the visa can also work here on a part-time basis. However, you need to submit your employment documents, ID proof and salary slips as well when applying for the visa. The graduate workstream is for students who are still continuing with their degrees. The post-study stream is for students who have passed out and are now looking for ways to kickstart their professional career.
Who can apply for the visa?
This permit is also known as the temporary graduate visa subclass 485. And as the name suggests it is for people who have passed from Australian colleges or universities. The country has a plethora of opportunities for students who want to study in the field of technology and management. Students whose coursework coincides with the popular career sectors of country have an added advantage. It means you have better job options to pick from and can further apply for a work visa or more to extend your stay here.
The applicant has to under 50 years of age, hold an Australian visa, have residence proof among other requirements. You also need to clear the English assessment, insurance check, medical check-up and specific requirement in your field of study. Students who have completed two or more years of study here can apply for the visa.
The documents required for the application
There are a number of documents that you need to submit before the visa is processed and released. These documents prove your identity, nationality, credibility and legality. This is a safety measure that every country around the world takes before allowing foreign citizens to enter their borders. Therefore, is it important that you have all your paperwork in place. You can consult immigration officers and other professionals at the embassy for more information. The online website portal is also an authentic source of information that you can refer to when looking for relevant documents. Here is a short list of documents that you might need.
- ID proof, birth certificate, address proof for personal identification
- Medical certificate after physical check-up
- Character certificate, letter of reference and more by local authorities
- Academic records
- Offer letter, salary slips, tax receipts
- ILETS or TOEFL language assessment score
How to apply for visa subclass 485?
The subclass 485 visa Australia is for students who want to extend their stay to complete their course or take up a temporary job offer. Here are a few steps that you need to take when applying for the visa in Australia.
- Check the official immigration website for visa application dates and form
- Ensure that you meet the requirements mentioned in the form
- You need to have a 2-year stay proof, academic records and an authentic Australian visa to back your application
- Visit the embassy, or reach out to a migration agent online for more help
- They will then guide yours through the paperwork.
- Clear your language tests, medical assessments, sort through your documents and add the assessment results as well
- Submit these papers along with the visa application form
- The form is then processed, checked and verified by the authorities. The entire process takes a few days
- Ensure that you apply for the visa well in advance, this reduces the risk of loss and last-minute delays.
- Once the documents are verified you get an approval letter via the email address
- Go through the approval email, and expect the visa to be sent via mail soon
- You can now travel to Australia, show the visa at the immigration counter and enter the borders of the country.
Need for immigration officer in visa procurement?
An immigration agent Perth is your go-to person to clarify all your doubts about the application process. The officer in charge will give you all the information about the dates, documents and procurement process. It is recommended that you consult the agent directly rather than rely on other sources. This is because the agent has the updated, relevant information that you can depend on. This would save you the time and trouble of having to verify the data from multiple sources. You can reach out to the agent online, drop in an email, give a phone call or pay a visit to the embassy office.
The bottom line
Australia is a great place to stay and study in. The natural landscape, urban well-planned cities and technology attracts visitors from all across the world. Ensure that your stay here is legal by getting the right kind of permit, proper documents and visa. Hope this information on visa subclass 485 helps.