Last Updated on February 14, 2023 by admin
Did you know, more than two billion smartphones are running Google Android OS as their operating system presently? Moreover, above 80% of the mobile space is occupied by Android in the operating system, which is enormous. However, being the most popular system globally, android is more likely to get the virus from various platforms that can harm our important data and other files. Therefore, it is crucial to keep your android device protected and safe.
Since it is a common issue for every android user, the Google Play store is overcrowded with antivirus apps. But all of them are not worthwhile. Many of these applications are either irrelevant or may not work effectively. Thus, I have shortlisted the five best antivirus for android that are super safe for your device and protect it from any sort of threat.
Table of Contents
So, let’s explore each application one by one and identify which one is the best.
What is Antivirus Software?
Antivirus software is a computer program used to protect, detect, and remove viruses or malware from any device—this software works by installing only. Once you’ve installed an antivirus application, it will work contextually and remove all kinds of viruses from the device automatically. These programs provide immediate protection against malware threats.
List of Five Trustworthy Android Antivirus 2022
The Google play store is filled with numerous antivirus apps, but which one to trust? Don’t worry! Follow the article to get the most reliable options.
Avast is a popular antivirus software that has gained much repute over some years by delivering the best performance for android devices. This program prevents every aspect of your device, whether you log into emails, use public internet connections, browse websites, and execute any task. Avast assures you to deliver complete protection and security to your device.
Not only this, Avast provides much more than just protecting your android. This software offers numerous incredible features such as VPN protection, device scanning, Wi-Fi connection prevention; this program covers everything that a device is required for safety. Other than that, this app enables you to establish the time for scanning and provides you with a user-friendly experience.
- The fast scan thoroughly scans all files, documents, apps, and protects the device against infections.
- The photo-vault feature moves your images to the hidden Avast photo library.
- It blocks all pop-up notifications and ads while surfing the websites.
- The web shield keeps your device protected from all malicious apps.
- An app-time controller allows you to know how long you have been using an application.
- The Wi-Fi scan notifies you if you are connected to a secure internet service.
It offers numerous features such as deep malware detection, regular updates, a web shield, and much more.
$89.99/year, can be used for up to ten devices. It offers more features than the free version. Such as phishing site protection, Wi-Fi security, and unsafe site blockage.
$119.99/year for up to ten devices. It provides the same features but in premium forms with extra security.
Kaspersky is another top-notch choice that is considered the best antivirus for Windows PCs since it offers a broader range of protection against severe malware. This software provides exceptional execution for real time virus security. It comes in different versions. The Kaspersky Essential Suite is the most affordable package because it has the capability to protect up to three systems. It offers website and phishing protection and other safety specifications such as VPN and encryption. However, you may find this software a bit slow while downloading and launching on your PC.
Then comes the Kaspersky Premium and Advanced Suite, which are pricier. The premium version keeps up to five systems safe from any viral file or application. It includes webcam protection, application manager, adult content obstructer, GPS child locator, and YouTube safe search. The premium series offers some additional security features to ensure your protection. You may need a good motherboard for this antivirus software because it’s quite heavy and can make your PC lag.
On the other hand, the advanced version can guard up to ten devices and contains anti-phishing, encrypted browsing, and other protection features. This suite controls your PC from a distance with the help of the Remote Access Tool.
- An app lock feature locks all sensitive data and allows you to open it through your fingerprint.
- Anti-phishing protects your personal data while online shopping or banking.
- Find my Device feature locates your android device.
- The call filter allows you to filter all calls that you don’t want to receive.
- Web protection prevents your device from scam links.
- You can access your mobile remotely via the anti-theft tool. It informs you if anyone tries to unlock your device more than three times.
Ideal for people who require security and antivirus protection only. It includes call filters, manual scans, and core security.
Android Internet Security:
$11.99/year for one user. It provides all features for better protection.
McAfee is a whole pack of android antivirus with a number of versatile features. This program gives protection against violent apps and allows you to connect with safe Wi-Fi. Furthermore, it conveys some helpful pieces of advice and tips in order to keep your mobile secure.
You can install McAfee’s entry-level version for zero dollars and get limited features that most free antivirus apps already contain. But you’ll get one unbeatable perk with this software which is its ‘Guest Mode’ specification. Through this feature, you can create an anonymous account and add applications of your choice. This feature is useful when you hand over your phone to someone else.
Then there is a paid version in McAfee. If you have installed a free version, you can upgrade the present one into the premium version. The paid version provides some additional and pretty helpful features.
- My Watch feature keeps you informed about your overall phone health and battery level.
- Safe Wi-Fi notifies if you have connected to a secure WiFi connection.
- VPN changes your current location to enable you to work in disguise.
- The Guest Mode allows you to create an anonymous account.
- You can install your fingerprint for using specific apps through the secure lock.
Offers numerous features including my watch, anti-theft, storage cleaner, and privacy checks, etc.
$29.99/year which can be used for a single device only. It delivers several additional features such as ad blockage, guest mode, overall mobile support, and secure web browsing.
$79.99/year for a single user. Includes all features offered by free and standard plans.
Bitdefender is considered an advanced-level antivirus and cybersecurity android application that delivers numerous protection features. This software provides a spy eye to your data against malware. It is pretty simple to use and holds a developed scanning system that always works contextually to ensure the absolute protection of your device.
Another fantastic point is that the company frequently updates its various features and virus database to keep going with modern malware and keep them away from your device. That’s why it is one of the exclusive and enhanced antivirus programs.
- Cloud scanning technology scans your device quickly.
- Bitdefender VPN changes your current location and allows you to work anonymously.
- The anti-theft tool can access your phone and remove all data in case it is lost.
- A web shield feature blocks all malicious apps.
- The minimal battery drainage does not consume much battery.
It offers numerous features such as web security, antivirus detection, realtime protection, and much more.
Total Security Package:
$1.49/month or $14.99/year for a single user. It includes some thrilling features such as a privacy firewall, parental control, and webcam safeguard. Available for iOS, Macbooks, Windows, and Android.
$89.99/year this package contains the same features but can detect up to five devices.
This program is designed explicitly for Chromebooks that work efficiently for all kinds of threats and viruses that are existing or upcoming to your device. As its name suggests, this application is explicitly evolved from a dedicated malware scanner into the full antivirus scanner. Its remarkable features and specifications fight against probably every sort of virus and assure complete protection to your device. Malwarebytes is a reputable app that proficiently detects and scans your phone to keep it clean from any kind of threat. However, some of its features are similar to other antivirus apps.
- A real-time protection system keeps you aware of all threats and viruses.
- Safe browsing scans all phishing websites and scams while surfing.
- Multiple scanning options allow you to scan your whole device.
- It finds and removes all pop-up adware while working online.
- The privacy audit notifies you when you are exposed online.
Comes with a few features which detect and remove malware from the device only.
$1.49/month or $11.99/year, offers plenty of features including safe browsing, scanning threats, and real-time protection for a better user experience.
So these were the five best android antiviruses for 2022 with premium features. All of these tools are probably available in free versions, which is a plus point for fundamental protection. Anyhow, when you decide to pick any of them, it is essential to identify specific needs. Recognizing your requirements allows you to determine which features you are looking for. Additionally, you should always choose a credible security app for scanning and eliminating all viruses from your device.