Last Updated on December 7, 2022 by Faiza Murtaza
I’m so cheerful you’re here. Get a treat, sit down, and let me present myself. I’ve been in the kitchen for most of my life. Baking has consistently been an inviting delivery for me (the cookies and treats are a clear reward!), and I’m honored. I can consider it my profession. In this guide, you’ll learn about the sandwich bread recipe and the method of making bread at home. Life is good!
Sandwich bread (which is also known as sandwich loaf) is a type of bread that is made specially to make sandwiches. Sandwich bread is typically cross-sectional and square. It can be either white sliced or made of wheat. It is particularly designed to hold square pieces of meat, veggies, cheese, etc.
Sandwich bread and ordinary bread are almost the same except for their shape. A sandwich bread loaf normally has a ‘square’ division. It gives an even shape to those sandwiches, and both parts of the sandwich look alike.
Table of Contents
Gluten-free quick sandwich bread recipe:
This is the easiest and most basic no-yeast, gluten-free bread recipe. It is quick to make, and the texture and taste are just awesome! It’s light, soft, and fluffy, although it is difficult to achieve such texture without gluten. Another best thing is it uses fundamental ingredients. This recipe does not call for a bread machine, yeast and the dough do not require rising time. It is similar to classic white bread in taste. All the hype about all this bread is not just an exaggeration. Because it is true that without gluten (a stretchy plant protein), it is difficult to achieve that soft fluffy bite in pieces of bread. So in order to make gluten-free bread that actually tastes like real white bread, follows our quick sandwich bread recipe and get to know the secret.
How to make Gluten-Free Bread?
So in order to make this gluten-free quick sandwich bread recipe, follow two important things.
No. 1: The choice of flour is crucial. Pick an excellent quality, ultra-fine gluten-free flour. It can be made either from rice flour or all-purpose flour, which has a super fine texture to keeps this no yeast, homemade gluten-free bread from becoming too heavy and dense.
No. 2: proper use of eggs is a trick. This bread calls for egg whites whipped properly and then carefully folded into the batter. The typical white bread depends totally on yeast and gluten to help them raise and maintain its lift long after the baking. But in this gluten-free recipe, egg whites do the trick and play their part beautifully in raising the bread. The bread made thus is ideal for sandwiches and needs no advanced preparation time or rising time. If you are out of yeast or in a hurry, this bread is the solution. Because the absence of yeast means no rising time, and that means easy and speedy!
However, generally speaking, there is not a viable alternative for yeast. Chemical leavening agents, like, baking powder and baking soda, also aren’t suitable as yeast substitutes. (Baking powder is actually baking soda plus starch and cream of tartar.) Because baking soda and powder provide a totally different kind of baking. They react rapidly and give an entirely different outcome during baking.
Generally, baking soda is utilized to make quick banana bread that is generally sweet instead of savory. In any case, that doesn’t imply that it is impossible to build up a totally different recipe for this yeast-free bread that could be utilized for sandwiches.
Read More: Top 10 famous Tequilas better than Margarita
Quick sandwich bread recipe no yeast:
First of all, always remember that it is a high-rising and then falling kind of bread. So do not expect that usual ordinary bread shape. Its shape would be somewhat uncommon. Score the top of the bread a little so that it splits from the center during baking instead of tearing from the outside. In this way, it will rather have a more regular shape. Also, make sure it is baked completely until a tester comes out clean.
The outside crust, if this bread will be thick and pastry-like, and the crumb inside will be soft, moist, and unexpectedly strong. It will crumb slightly during slicing; otherwise, it is fine. Cool completely before slicing. It freezes very well subsequent to being cut.
Quick sandwich bread recipe:
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Baking time: 6ore than 60 to 70 minutes
- Serving: 1 loaf of bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of xanthan gum (exclude if your mix already has it)
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) of kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 6 tablespoons (84 grams) of unsalted, melted, and cooled butter
- 2 tablespoons (42 grams) of honey
- 4 large egg whites ( about 100 grams) kept at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups ( approx. 420 grams) of gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 cups (12 liquid ounces) of milk (any sort), kept at room temperature
- 1/4 cup to 1 about a tablespoon (45 grams) of nonfat dry milk or whey powder
Method and directions:
- Start by preheating your oven at 375° Fahrenheit. Take a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf dish, grease it, and line it with a sheet. Put it aside.
- Take a stand blender to fit it with the whisk attachment. In the bowl, take 2 of the egg whites and beat on high speed till firm (yet not dry) peaks form.
- Halfway through, add the cream of tartar.
- With the help of a silicone spatula, softly scrape off the egg whites all into a medium-sized mixing bowl and put the bowl in a safe spot.
- In another medium-sized mixing bowl, put in flour, whey powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Whisk well.
- Now, To the bowl of the stand blender, which is fitted with the paddle hook, put in the butter, apple cider vinegar, remaining two egg whites, milk, and honey. On the top, place all the dry ingredients and blend to combine well. The batter should be thick and stiff.
- Mix one-third part of the whipped egg whites into this dough and gradually blend utilizing the paddle attachment until the egg whites are consolidated into the batter.
- Take out the bowl from the blender and gently mix the remaining egg whites into it until almost no white streaks are seen.
- Pour the batter carefully into the readied loaf pan. Level the top with a spatula in the pan. Oil the underside of a bit of aluminum foil and cover the loaf pan with it. Place the pan in the mid of the microwave that is preheated, and let it bake for around 50 to 60 minutes. (rotate the pan once during baking) after that, remove the foil paper as well as keep baking until the top turns brown, and a toothpick embedded into the middle comes cleanly out.
- Initially, the bread will rise considerably higher than usual and will sink as it cools. Let the bread to cool for a couple of minutes in the dish, and afterward, turn out onto a particular wire rack to cool completely prior to cutting and serving.
Gluten-free, non-yeast sandwich bread is ready. Mission accomplished!
- Top the bread with 1 Tablespoon of crushed nuts, sesame seeds, flaxseeds, or raisins.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of coarse sea salt (optional).