The importance of protein for child growth is known to almost every parent. However, what most of us do not understand is what exactly protein does for your child’s body. When you are able to see how incredibly important this nutrient is, you will also understand why meeting the daily required intake is so important.
With products like Gritzo Supermilk, it is much easier for parents today to fulfil the requirements of the child’s body and prevent any issues related to deficiencies.
Why Do You Require Protein for Child Growth
In the growing years, children require a lot of protein as it plays an important role in several body functions. Whether it is with the best nutrition powder for child growth or natural sources, you need to make sure that your child gets enough protein for the following reasons:
- It is necessary for cell growth and repair: We all know that amino acids are the body’s building blocks. For any growth or repair in the body, amino acids are vital. These are derived from the proteins that we consume in our diet. Protein for child growth is important because most of these essential amino acids can only be obtained through food as the body cannot manufacture them.
- Boosts metabolism: Protein is necessary for the child’s body to produce several hormones and enzymes. This helps keep the metabolism high and also makes your little one feel more energetic.
- The best source of energy: Along with carbohydrates, the body also uses protein as a source of energy. For movements and muscle function, especially, your body makes use of proteins derived from the best nutrition powder for child growth.
- Helps build muscles: Our muscles are nothing but long chains of amino acids. So, your child needs protein in order to build strong and healthy muscles. For active kids, especially, proteins play a very important role in helping the muscles recover. Only when muscles recover properly are they able to grow in size and volume.
- Boosts immunity: The cells of the immune system also depend on amino acids. The right amount of amino acids boosts the production of germ-fighting cells in the body, keeping your little one free from common health issues.
- Improves brain function: There are several enzymes and hormones that depend on protein, as mentioned before. Some of these chemicals produced in the body are necessary for the brain to function at its best ability. In addition to this, consuming enough protein for child growth gives the body an added source of fuel. This means that the brain has enough carbohydrates to stay focused and active.
How Much Protein Does Your Children Need
The amount of protein required by your child’s body depends upon the age and gender. To know the exact requirements for your little one, it is best to consult your doctor. According to the thumb rule, children require 1g of protein for every kilo of body weight. This, of course, varies according to the level of activity, your child’s overall health and other factors. In fact, children who are into sports and athletics need up to three times more protein in comparison to their peers who are not.
This is why choosing an age-appropriate protein for child growth like Gritzo Supermilk Teen Athletes is a great idea. These drinks calculate the amount of protein required for each age group making sure that they get enough of this nutrient.
What Happens If the Child Does Not Get Enough Protein?
If your child does not get enough protein, he or she may exhibit the following signs of deficiency:
- Feeling tired very easily
- Falling ill very often
- Having difficulty concentrating
- Brittle nails and hair
- Poor muscle development
These signs are the earliest indicators of deficiency. To prevent the symptoms from intensifying, you need to make sure that your child gets enough protein every day. The best nutritional drink for child growth is the easiest option to fulfil your child’s requirements. It is a single source which is rich in protein and other nutrients that aid child growth and development.
One such drink is Gritzo Supermilk. This is one of the best options available out there as it uses only unrefined sugar. This product also has different varieties based on the age group and activity levels of children, allowing you to make the perfect choice to fulfil your little one’s needs.