Last Updated on August 6, 2022 by Umer Mukhtar
How sad is it to be denied an insurance claim after property damage? The devastating feeling of losing a property to fire, hurricane, wind, or others is already devastating. You should not have to deal with a denied insurance claim again.
According to Louis Law Group, a Florida-based Property Damage Insurance Claim Firm, some of the reasons your insurance claim could be denied are:
- Not enough information: One of the reasons an insurance claim could be rejected is insufficient information. If specific vital details are missing on your claim, chances are that it would be dismissed.
- Taking too long to file: Any property damage insurance claim lawyer would tell you the importance of filing a claim immediately after the property damage. It is not something you postpone or shift till a later date. It is something that needs urgent attention and should be treated as such. If you delay in filing an insurance claim after a property damage, it could be denied.
- Excessive wear: Another reason your insurance claim could be denied is if your property has suffered extreme wear.
- The threat of fraud: If there is any chance that your property was acquired fraudulently, then your insurance claim could be denied.
- Loss is close to your deductible: Your insurance claim could be denied if your loss is close to your deductible.
- Claim type not included in coverage: One primary reason your claim would be attended to is if it is included in your insurance coverage. If it is not, then it is only expected that it would be rejected.
- Perilous claims may not be covered: There are certain claims your insurance company may want to run from. If the damage is extreme and requires considerable compensation, your insurance company may want to reject it.
- Somebody or something else’s fault: If the cause of the damage is not included in your insurance coverage, chances are that the claim would be rejected.
Finally, another reason your claim could be denied is if you requested for compensation without the assistance of a property damage insurance claim lawyer. I mean, your insurance company is just looking for the flimsiest excuse to deny you your compensation. Now, not using the services of a lawyer would mean you are giving them that opportunity they have been hoping for.
WHAT WOULD A LAWYER DO FOR YOU AFTER A DENIED INSURANCE CLAIM?
Below are some of the ways your lawyer can be of help after a denied claim:
- Gathering and Evaluation of Evidence: Now, remember how your claim was denied due to a lack of information? Your lawyer would make sure that that does not repeat itself. They would ensure that all the evidence that would help you prove your entitlement to a settlement is gathered and evaluated. These evidence might be pretty difficult to prove as your insurance company would try to make it seem less concrete. Still, you should leave all that to your lawyer. They have the expertise they need to surmount this challenge.
- Your lawyer would negotiate when necessary: If your lawyer has to, he will negotiate terms with your insurance company. This does not in any way mean that you would have to settle for compensation less deserving. It only means that your lawyer would consider the damages and compare them with what they are willing to pay. If their offer does not in any way compensate for the damages, they will find another way.
- You will need a lawyer to go to trial: It is not uncommon for insurance companies to reduce or evade claims. Since your lawyer would not want a denial a second time, they would not hesitate to go through with the lawsuit if that means a befitting settlement. Most times, once the insurance company hears of your intention to file a lawsuit, they try to come to terms with your claim even before the case happens.
- You need a lawyer for guidance: After a property damage insurance claim denial, you would need all the advice you can get from an experienced property damage insurance claim lawyer. One of the things the insurance company would try to do is present a settlement that looks good to you. Most times, such compensations are pretentious. Your lawyer would make sure you get only a settlement that is truly befitting of the damage.
DO NOT PANIC
After an insurance claim denial, there is a tendency for you to panic and assume that all hope is lost. But it isn’t, at least not if you restrategize and get yourself a lawyer that is willing to go to any lengths to help you get your compensation. And just as mentioned by this Lawyer Roll article, https://www.lawyerroll.com/should-you-hire-an-insurance-lawyer-for-property-damage-claims/, a property damage insurance claim lawyer can help you untwist whatever situation you find yourself in.