Last Updated on July 30, 2023 by Tabraiz
As widely used as emails are, no email marketing team out there can possibly deny the fact that it takes quite a bit of time to roll one out. Even with a sizable team at your disposal and well-thought-out schedules, your deadlines will surely go for a toss when it comes to producing large volumes of emails. However, optimizing high-volume production is key to scaling your email marketing efforts. So, it most certainly can’t be overlooked. How can you achieve it, then? With the help of Modular email templates.
Now, what exactly is a modular email template? Conceptually, it is rather similar to the LEGO® sets that we grew up playing with. Allow us to elaborate so that you can make the connection clearly. A modular email template is made up of multiple “email modules”, which are essentially content blocks. These blocks are reusable and can be arranged in different permutations and combinations, as per your requirements. In this article, we discuss the various merits of modular email templates and why you should include them in your email marketing scheme of things at the earliest. Read on to find out!
Table of Contents
What Edge Do Modular Email Templates Have Over Traditional Ones?
Traditional email templates are pretty great, we are never going to deny that. But, if given the choice to pick between modular and traditional, we would probably lean toward the former. Why? Find our arguments in the points listed below.
- Modular email templates facilitate improved time management. As we said earlier, with modular templates, all you need to do is mix and match different modules to meet your objective. On the other hand, while dealing with traditional templates, you will have to build every template from scratch. This can get particularly time-consuming (not to mention, frustrating) in cases where you need to send slightly varying versions of identical emails. For instance, suppose your business has outlets in two different cities. You are planning to launch your new product across both of them. Now, in the invitation emails you send to the audience of both these stores, the only detail that will vary is the venue, right? If you are working with modular templates, you will just have to replace the venue module in the template. But, if you are not, you will have no choice but to create both the emails, from top to bottom.
- You get greater scope for implementing personalization while working with modular templates. Traditional templates limit you to just image-based segments whereas modular templates let you dabble with live text, images, videos and other such components.
- It is easier to execute automation with modular templates. Because you will already have pre-designed content modules to work with, it’ll be much easier for you to assemble emails corresponding to the various workflows you would have set up.
Benefits Of Using Modular Email Templates
If the points mentioned above have not been able to convince you to switch to modular templates yet, we are sure that the following ones will. Take a look. Hire email marketing consultant to leverage these benefits to the fullest.
- Modular templates help you maintain brand consistency. Perhaps one of the greatest challenges of marketing at scale is ensuring consistency. Analyze the different kinds of emails you send to your subscribers and pinpoint that one element which “brands” your messages? Is it your header? A specific color palette? Something in your footer? Whatever it is, you must include that element across all your emails. With modular templates, this task becomes highly convenient.
- Saves you time. This is one of the most obvious merits of modular templates and something we have talked about briefly above as well. Email development and coding is a time-intensive process, with a single email taking up anywhere between 2-4 hours. Spending this time to build the master template is alright. But, dedicating the same to developing marginally different variants of it is not. This is where modular templates come in extremely handy. They let you standardize your email design, thereby allowing you to whip up a fresh email in a matter of a few minutes.
- Everyone can work with modular templates. Yes, even non-coders. All you need to do is upload the modules in a visual editor once they are coded. From then on, any member in your team, with the appropriate guidance, can “plug and play” these blocks to create the desired template.
- Since modular templates offer reusability, your costs will go down significantly too. With traditional templates, you are required to purchase a new one for every campaign your devise. Other than costs, modular templates help you cut down on technical difficulties as well. Think about it- even though you are launching a new campaign, you are using modules that are both pre-designed and pre-tested. So, you are spared from testing them again before delivering.
Wrapping It Up
Revolving your campaigns around modular email templates is a surefire way of outshining your competitors and winning over your customers. So, what are you waiting for? Hire email marketing consultant, tap their expertise on modular email templates, and get started today itself!
Author: Kevin George is the head of marketing at Email Uplers, that specializes in crafting Professional Email Templates, PSD to Email conversion, and Mailchimp Templates. Kevin loves gadgets, bikes & jazz, and he breathes email marketing. He enjoys sharing his insights and thoughts on email marketing best practices on email marketing blog.