Last Updated on November 26, 2023 by asifa
These days, plenty of discussions take place to save precious battery power. However, not many are aware of the ways to take care of these advanced technological units. Following some simple methods can help ensure that the Lithium Ion Golf Cart Battery lasts for a long time.
Simple tips to extend LiFePo4 Golf Cart Battery Pack life
- Avoid buying excess spare packs: Batteries deteriorate with time. Hence, if you imagine that investing in a spare one is likely to last longer, then it is a mistake committed. Rather, when buying one, consider aging factor. Choose a pack with recent manufacturing date.
- Maintain batteries at normal room temperature: The ideal room temperature to keep the battery safe and in good working condition is approximately 20 degrees C. Otherwise, in worst cases, the battery being fully charged is likely to get exposed to very high temperatures. Hence, if the vehicle is extremely hot, then avoid plugging the device in it. Heat is stated to be a major factor to reduce Li-ion power pack life. Checking out the leading portal like jbbatterychina.com can give you a better idea of the dos and don’ts.
- Avoid discharging them fully: On discharging lithium-ion, voltage tends to drop below 2.5V. There opens up an inbuilt safety circuit that makes the battery to appear dead. Such cases taking place will mean, the original charger cannot be used. But special battery analyzers can do the trick to check if it is possible to get the battery back to life. However, for safety reasons, ensure not trying in-depth recharging of the discharged units, if it is stored for several months. Going through the Lithium Ion Golf Cart Battery Manufacturer recommendations can help prolong the battery’s life.
- Avoid full discharges: The fact is lithium-ion batteries do not come with any charge memory. This means, deep-discharge cycles are not required. If possible, you might use partial-discharge cycles. But you need to be aware of an exception. Li-ion units, as per the leading Lithium Ion Golf Cart Battery Factory are to be discharged completely after 30 charges. Following this particular practice will help develop a digital memory, thereby reducing power gauge accuracy. The unit should be allowed to the cut-off stage. Then, it shoudl be charged again.
- Proper storing: Spare Custom LiFePo4 Golf Cart Battery Pack is great news to keep your notebook powered all the time. But it is necessary to understand that the spare is not likely to provide a long backup time unlike that of the original unit. This is because the unit is fully charged and then stored. Secondly, such units experience oxidation process that is quite fast on storing. In this particular case, it will be wise to store the battery at 40% level in the refrigerator. With proper storing, you can derive the max from custom NiCd & NiMH battery packs.
Batteries purchased from a reliable custom NiCd & NiMH battery packs supplier is worth the investment than other battery types. Easily, you can derive around 500 cycles from just a single unit. You just need to follow the above guidelines to reap in the benefits.