Last Updated on January 1, 2022 by azamnie
CCNA stands for Cisco Certified Networking Associate. It is an associate-level certification for IT professionals by Cisco Systems. CCNA certification is one of Cisco’s most respected and prestigious certifications. Certified CCNA professionals are highly sought-after by tech companies and businesses. Cisco is one of the leading vendors that manufacture and sell networking software and hardware, telecommunication equipment, and several high technology products and services.
Cisco CCNA Certification validates candidates for their expertise in installing, designing, operating, and troubleshooting routed and switched systems. Moreover, it tests individuals’ knowledge in network fundamentals, IP connectivity, network access, IP services, automation and programmability, and security fundamentals. With this certification, one gets plenty of opportunities in the technology industry.
The only prerequisite to pursue Cisco CCNA Certification is candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Science. It would be useful for beginners to start their career in the networking domain with the Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) Certification. Koenig Solutions is one of the highly recommended training organizations for CCNA training.
Table of Contents
Types Of CCNA Certificates
Cisco offers eight different CCNA courses. Every course requires some specific skill sets. You can pursue these certification’s training in two modes – instructor-led mode and online mode. You can try Koenig Solutions to take the CCNA course online and offline.
CCNA Routing And Switching
This certification validates applicants for their expertise in installing, monitoring, and troubleshooting computer network infrastructure services and products.
CCNA Data Center
Individuals with CCNA Data Center certificate possess a basic understanding of deploying, configuring, and maintaining data centre technologies. Moreover, they have in-depth knowledge of storage networking, network visualization, data centre infrastructure, data centre networking concepts.
Individuals possessing this certificate have skills to design and develop a security infrastructure for enterprises and businesses, recognize vulnerabilities and threats to infrastructure, and reduce security threats.
With the CCNA Design certificate, one can gain an advanced understanding of network design principles and ideas required to design and develop multi-layer enterprise architecture and network elements.
The CCNA Video certification tests candidates’ knowledge in setting new users, deploying video endpoints, and handling networked video solutions. Candidates with this certificate can get a job role as a collaboration or telecommunication professional.
This Cisco certification validates IT professionals for their expertise in configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting the Cisco WLAN’s fundamental tasks in Enterprise and SMB networks.
Candidates pursuing this certificate must possess a strong understanding of VoIP technologies, like IP telephony, voicemail solutions, call control, IP PBX, and handset.
CCNA Services Provider
Service Provider network engineers, support personnel, and technicians can pursue the CCNA Services Provider Certificate. This certification validates candidates for their skills in configuring and implementing baseline Cisco Service Provider next-generation IP networks.
How To Get CCNA Certificate?
- Firstly, get a bachelor’s degree in the computer networking domain or any other course that focuses on teaching the basics of the network.
- After earning an undergraduate degree in the computer networking field, you can search for a job in a similar domain. You can go for job roles, like computer technical support specialist, hardware engineers, information technology managers, and hardware engineers.
- For beginners or individuals with no experience in practical computer networking, they must first pursue CCENT certification. To earn the certificate, you have to appear for the ICND1 examination. ICND1 exam tests candidates’ strong understanding of computer networking skills, like infrastructure maintenance and routing technologies.
- Select the best training organization, like Koenig Solutions, and pursue the certification training. If you are a working professional, you can prefer online classes.
- Create your detailed study plan and focus on each concept particularly. Try to prepare short notes while studying, as they may be used to summarise the entire course. Practise a large number of mock tests to determine the question’s nature.
- Once you are totally prepared, schedule the exam at your nearest exam centre. The CCNA certification cost depends upon the specialization you choose. The exam consists of 50-60 questions, and the time duration is 90 minutes. Try to score more than 85% to qualify and earn the certification.
Advance your career in computer networking with one of the widely accepted certifications, CCNA. You can opt for Koenig Solutions for training. The CCNA course fees at this training organization are affordable.