Piano is one of the most popular instruments. It is truly a delight to hear the melodious sound of the piano. A lot of musicians opt for it due its versatility. It considered to be one of the most magnificent and royal instruments to play. You can play almost every song on your piano. This is why piano lessons are becoming famous more and more people are opting for it.
Here are some interesting facts which will help you understand the instrument better if you are interested in learning the piano.
- It was invented in 1709 by an Italian maker. His name was Bartolomeo di Francesco Cristofori.
- Studies suggest that learning piano can help to enhance a child’s language building skills and overall cognitive development.
- It was originally known as pianoforte since it could play notes both quietly and loudly.
- This large instrument has over 12,000 parts and out of which 10,000 are moving. An enormous number of small instruments need to work together perfectly in order to get the sound which you want out of the instrument.
- It takes 230 strings for a piano to make its full range of sound.
- The piano is both, a stringed instrument and a percussion instrument. Majority believes that it’s a percussion instrument since the hammers are striking the strings inside.
- Middle C is not the exact middle of the piano. It is the space between E and F which is above middle C.
- The first piano which was invented was so expensive that even rich families of that time could not afford it. The piano was found only the houses of the royalty and aristocrats.
- Adria Mann made the largest piano. The weight of this piano is 1.4 tons and is 5.7 meters long. It took four years to make this humongous piano.
- Heintzman Pianos made the most expensive piano ever. It was played for the first time in front of an audience at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games by a Chinese pianist Lang Lang. It was sold at an auction at the whopping price of $3.22 million, which made it the most expensive piano in the whole world.
These were some fascinating facts about this beautiful instrument. Piano is loved by people all over the world. Songs, orchestra and bands are incomplete without a piano. It is an integral part of almost every melody.
So, if you love music and want to spend your time learning something which is worth your while and has a lot of scope, then you should definitely go for the piano. Toronto has a wide range of good piano lessons and even supports its local artists. All you need to learn piano is hard-work, dedication and to follow proper discipline in your piano lessons.