Everything is digital or online these days. Since the discovery of computerized storage, businesses have stored their data securely on such devices. Over the years, these systems became better, resulting in what we know as Electronic Content Management.
Table of Contents
What is Electronic Content Management (ECM)?
An Enterprise Content Management (ECM) framework is a key apparatus for businesses that need to improve their performance, information security, and decrease administrative work.
Researchers estimate that the amount of global content creation and management will rise up to 44 trillion gigabytes by 2020.
This is applied in every aspect of the organization from HR to supply chain management. Most of this data is unstructured, in the form of MS Word and Excel documents, PDFs, images, etc.
Reasons why you should adopt Electronic Content Management
- Improve productivity
Did you know?
According to a study by IDC, on average, 30% of a workday is wasted on looking for information? This results in a 21% loss in the organization’s productivity. This means at least 1.8 hours a day is underutilized.
To avoid such a grave loss, it is better to implement an Electronic Content Management system. The system will centralize your data, making it easily accessible. This way, your employees will be working more time utilizing the information and less on finding it.
- Save money
Digitally storing files reduces office supplies costs in an organization. Streamline all content in one place and reduce costs. For example, paper consumption will decrease due to virtual storage.
- You won’t need filing cabinets or extra copy machines.
- Even digitally, you won’t need to buy and download specific software for every single department.
- With an ECM solution, you can add as many users as you like to coordinate the data.
- Improvement in Customer Service
The beauty of the management of data is the fact that you can access it from anywhere and anytime. This opens up several avenues. You get to see the real-time status of multiple orders and requirements.
- Customers no longer have to wait for employees to search through piles of paperwork.
- Employees can simply access the centralized network to find the data.
- The process of customer data entry becomes faster as well.
- Customers simply have to make requests or fill out forms online to get in touch with the organization.
Not only will you get valuable feedback, but your customers will also feel important and acknowledged. You can give your customers a seamless experience at a low cost.
- Great for keeping track of your data
Imagine how your company is functioning without an electronic content manager right now. Crucial and sensitive information is filed away in stacks of papers. You are constantly shuffling through these to find the required information. Sometimes that information might be incomplete or stored incorrectly.
With Electronic Content Management, you no longer have to face these issues.
- It creates a centralized system of storage through which data can be easily entered or removed.
- Employees will be able to understand it quickly.
- All information gathered is secure; only employees have access to it.
- Searching for relevant documents is easier.
- These software solutions automatically organize your files according to your needs so that you can simply click on it.
With its automation feature, it will also store new data into relevant files.
- Secure storage
Adopting Electronic Content Management reduces the risk of cybercrime or viruses. There are fewer chances of your documents getting damaged or lost. You can password-protect your files as well.
- That way, only employees have access to this information.
- It keeps sensitive information safe.
- It also records all activity occurring with the data.
In case of a security threat, you can assess when it took place and from which device. It will also alert you if there has been unusual activity on the device.
If you want to stay one step ahead of other companies, implement Electronic Content Management immediately. With so many solutions available, finding the right one for you requires knowledge of what you need and research.