Have you set up your Netgear WiFi router properly but still you can’t access the internet using it? Worry not! This troubleshooting guide will help you resolve the ‘unable to access the internet’ issue with ease. Let’s take the plunge.
Table of Contents
Solved: Unable To Access Internet on Netgear Router
Are all devices on your network can’t access the internet?
Firstly, check whether all your other devices are able to access the internet. Maybe you can’t access the internet on a specific device. In such a case, check if the device you are having trouble accessing the internet is connected through WiFi or Ethernet.
If you are connected through WiFi, disconnect your device from the WiFi network and reconnect it after a few minutes. On the other hand, in case you are using an Ethernet connection, check the Ethernet cable you are using. It should not include any sort of damages or cuts. Once done, try accessing the Netgear router login web page on your device to check if you can access the internet now.
Is your router connected to the modem via an Ethernet cable?
In order to access the internet properly, there should be a wired connection between your Netgear WiFi router and modem. Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into your router while another to the modem. Remember to create a finger-tight and accurate wired connection.
Is the Internet LED lit up on your router?
Once you have connected your Netgear router to the modem, check the LED status on your router. The internet LED on it should be white.
On the off chance if you don’t see any white LED, power cycle your Netgear WiFi router. Here’s how to power cycle your wireless router:
- Disconnect all the connected devices to your router.
- Power off your router by unplugging it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Power on your Netgear router back on.
- Reconnect all your WiFi-compatible devices to the router.
After power cycling your Netgear WiFi router, try accessing the internet on your device.
Are you connected to the correct WiFi network?
Chances are that you are connected to your neighbor’s WiFi network due to which you are unable to access the internet. Also, check the password you are using to connect to the network. Wrong network password may also lead you to WiFi connectivity issues.
Therefore, keep in mind to connect your device to the correct WiFi network. In case you are using a Netgear extender as well, then its extended network will be Netgear_ext while your router’s network name will remain the same as that of your home network.
Still Can’t Access the Internet on Your Netgear Router?
If so, update your Netgear WiFi router’s firmware. Perhaps, it is the outdated firmware version that prevents you from accessing the internet. Go through the instructions below to update the firmware of your Netgear router:
- Power on your wireless router.
- Establish a wired connection between your Netgear router and modem.
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- Type 192.168.1.1 in the URL bar and press the Enter key.
- You will be now on the login window.
- Fill in the username into the first field and password into another field.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Head over to the Firmware Update section.
- Click on the Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, walk through the on-screen steps and complete the firmware update process.
Done! By following the aforementioned troubleshooting ways, you can easily rectify the internet connectivity issues with your Netgear wireless router. Which solution has worked for you? Let us know in the comments section.