Last Updated on August 13, 2023 by asifa
A lot of money is never a bad thing. In fact, money is something that we all need almost for every single thing. And if you are the kind of a person who believes in making the money almost double in a shorter span, then you must go for short term investments. There are, as a matter of fact, several best short-term investment options that will give you a good return in just five years.
What are short-term investments?
Short-term investmentsare plans that are designed to provide returns in a shorter span which can be months or some years. These plans are mainly focused to meet the expenses in the near future. Investors who put their money in short-term investment options are not the kind of people who want to wait for a long time to get a return. They instead find quicker and effective results. With short term investments plans, you can expect optimum results, and if you are looking for massive returns, you have to take long-term plans. However, in short-term plans, the risks associated are lower. Let us take a look at some of the best short-term investment plans that you can opt for.
- Recurring Deposits
- Tenure: You can open an RD for 6 months or even multiple times of 3 months duration for up to 10 years.
- Liquidity: It mostly comes with a minimum lock-in period of 1 month. If you close the account within one month, you will only get the principal amount and no interest will be paid to you.
- Returns: It is considered one of the best short-term plans, and the interest rate applicable on a Recurring Deposit account is the same as a BNK FD.
- Taxation: The interest you earn on the invested amount will be added to your income and taxed as your income slab rate. If the interest earned is more than Rs. 10,000 TDS will be deducted.
- Money market Account
- Tenure: The tenure for a Money Market Account is less than 13 months.
- Liquidity: It comes with high liquidity and you can redeem it in a quick time.
- Returns: The returns that you can get out of the Money Market Fund are not fixed. At present, the interest rate you will get from this account is 7% per annum. It may vary for some other time.
- Taxation: The profit you earn on the invested amount is added to your income and taxed accordingly. However, if you earn profit for more than 36 months will be taxed at 20% after indexation.
- Bank Fixed Deposits
- Tenure: As the best short-term investment is concerned, the tenure ranges from 7 days to up to 10 years. You will get the option to renew deposits once they are matured and can even reinvest them.
- Liquidity: You can get high liquidity on a fixed deposit scheme and also can manage reinvestment risk.
- Returns: Bank Fixed Deposits offer a fixed rate of investment interest and you will get guaranteed returns once the fund tenure is over. Even if the market is volatile, the fixed deposit schemes do not change.
- Taxation: Fixed Deposits attract a high-income tax rate which goes up to 30%. The tax is applied to the accrued interest. You will not get any tax deduction on Fixed Deposits.
Apart from these three, there are several other short-term deposit investment plans that you can opt for. And if you want to get a better understanding of the short-term investment plans, you can visit the IIFL insurance website today. You can also look for various other term insurance plans that you can take for securing your family’s future.