Last Updated on March 18, 2023 by Nasir Hanif
The beauty of your salwar or any other outfit can be enhanced by draping a dupatta. People enjoy showing off their lovely dupattas. You must not overlook such a beautiful piece of clothing. Salwars, lehengas, and other traditional attire can be styled right with dupattas. It provides your outfit with a more opulent feel and an ethnic appearance. Pair your party-wear salwars with decorative dupattas for the perfect look. Even a simple kurta looks splendid with an eye-catching dupatta. Embrace different looks with a dupatta on different outfits of your choice. Make sure you style your dupatta right for an elegant look. There are plenty of options available that make the task overwhelming. It is not easy to choose the right dupatta for your attire. Here is a guide to help you to purchase a perfect dupatta for your outfits.
Pick the Right Fabric
You can flaunt dupattas in a variety of fabrics. The texture of your designer dupatta creates a unique style statement for your outfit. The fabric type can alleviate the look of your dupatta. So take some effort in choosing the right fabric. Choose the fabric based on the type of your outfit.
● Chiffon: A chiffon fabric dupatta best suits your casual wear dresses. It is an easy-to-carry lightweight fabric and ideal for daily use. It gives a simple and natural look.
● Kota Doria: A Kota Doria fabric adds to the gracefulness of your salwar. This fabric is a combination of silk and cotton. It comes with a unique shine that makes your outfit look rich. Kota Doria dupattas are soft and ideal to be worn in summer.
● Cotton: It is a common fabric suitable for daily use. Wear cotton dupattas for your office wears for a formal look. It looks great on Patiala sets.
● Zari Cotton Silk: This zari cotton silk dupatta can make any outfit look grand. This type of dupatta is knowns for its intricate patterns.
● Chanderi: You choose between sheer or opaque type chanderi dupattas. It is known for its glossy finish. It comes in three different fabric choices chanderi silk cotton, pure silk, and chanderi cotton. A chanderi dupatta adds a traditional touch to your outfit.
● Georgette: Pair your party wears with a dazzling georgette dupatta. This vibrant fabric adds to the grandeur of your attractive lehengas and ghagras.
● Tussar Silk Dupatta: A Banarasi silk dupatta is an attractive add-on for your ethnic wear. Brides look stunning in this heavily decorated silk dupatta. The grand embroidery design on the silk dupatta adds up to its richness. Layer it right with your outfit for a mesmerising look. Tusser fabric dupattas are quite popular. A tusser dupatta gives a rich look and makes you look traditional.
● Polka Design Jacquard Dupatta: A Jacquard dupatta is perfect for straight-cut salwars. You can drape this dupatta with your Anarkali suit. It adds focus to your outfit.
● Woven Design Dupattas: You would look dazzling in this dupatta. This fabric is known for its quality and comfort.
● Netted Fabric: Drape a netted dupatta for your embellished silk outfits. Most of the wedding wear attires come with a netted shawl. It comes plain or heavily worked with buttas. Pair this unique fabric with masakali or palazzo suits.
Play Right With Colors
There are no specific rules when choosing colours for your silk or cotton dupatta. Certain colour combinations can make your dupatta look a class apart. If you’re wearing multicoloured party wear salwar, drape a solid dupatta in a single shade. Embellish it with a charismatic border. Wear a contrasting colour dupatta for single-coloured ethnic wear. Contrasting colour dupatta adds a magical touch to your grand outfits. Alluring golden colour dupattas are ideal for most of your ethnic wear. Choose colours that make your face look bright.
Go For the Appropriate Length
Duppatas comes in different length. Choose dupattas of appropriate length. Choose a proper height for your dupatta based on the type of outfit you wear. You would look great in your casual outfit when you pair it with a short stole. Decorate short dupattas with pom pom and tassels. A long dupatta does not pair with simple daily wear, Kurti. Drape long chanderi dupattas with heavy embroidery design for your wedding attire or party wear lehengas.
Make It Interesting With Patterns and Prints
Add an interesting twist to your dupatta design with patterns and prints. Creative patterns on your dupatta make it look unique.
Plain dupattas: You would be surprised to witness the beauty of a plain dupatta without any patterns or prints. It gives a simple and elegant look.
Striped Dupattas: Go for striped pattern dupattas to make your outfit look interesting.
Floral Kota Print Dupattas: Drape a floral kota print dupatta and embrace beauty.
Block-Printed Dupattas: This type of block-printed dupatta is a great hit. It adds a dash of style to the usual dupattas.
Choosing the right dupatta can be a daunting task for beginners. However, considering factors such as colour, fabric, and occasion before making a purchase, you can find the perfect dupatta that suits your style and needs.