All About Ateez Members
When Ateez members debuted, there were eight group members. In October 2018, the group debuted. Their first music show performance was held on October 26 at the M.Countdown stage. Ateez has released a total of 1 mini album and four singles.
Mini Albums of Ateez Members
Their first mini-album, “Treasure EP.1: All To Zero,” was released on November 5, 2018, and its title song, “Pirate King.” The mini-album includes six songs, including the Korean version of their Japanese single “Treasure,” promoted earlier in Japan from May to October 2018. Their single “Treasure” was written and produced by the Big Hit Entertainment producer Pdogg, while their mini-album “All To Zero” was produced by Black Eyed Pilseung.
After promoting the Korean version of Treasure on music shows for over a month, Ateez released another single called “Walk Away” on January 10, 2019. The song has an urban R&B sound, and it is about breaking up with someone who hurts your feelings.
On February 6, 2019, almost one year after making their debut through Treasure EP.1: All To Zero, Ateez finally unveiled the first part of their second mini-album entitled “TREASURE EP.2: Zero To One”. The album consists of 5 songs, including the lead single “GATE #1” written by Jongho and co-written by members Seonghwa, San, Yeosang, Yunho, and Wooyoung as producers Pdogg.
The Second Mini Album
Their second mini-album reached the top 10 on both iTunes’s Top Albums charts in Japan & Thailand, while GATE ranked No.1 on seven local mobile real-time charts upon its release. On February 16, 2019, they released the music video for Gate 1, which has over 4 million views on YouTube Music Awards Single Award for “Best Kpop New Artist” at 2019 MAMA.
On July 5, Ateez released the music video for their single “Take Action.” Their first and second mini-albums and singles walked away from all hit No.1 on iTunes’s album chart in Thailand and the Philippines & they also hit No.7 on global charts with Gate 1.
Ateez is one of Kpop acts who scored consecutive No.1s on Japan’s iTunes album chart this year with ‘Treasure Part 1: All To Zero’ (which is currently at No.3), ‘Gate 1′ (No.6). ‘KAT-TUN,’ which dropped to No.2 yesterday following their debut. They become the third Korean act to achieve the feat after BTS and TWICE.
The Third Mini Album
Ateez released their 3rd mini-album, “Treasure EP.3: One To All,” on November 27 with the lead single “Say My Name” written by member Yunho and co-written by members Seonghwa, San, Yeosang, Wooyoung, and Jongho along with producers Groovy Room.
Their title track Say My Name debuted at No.1 on QQ Music’s Kpop chart (China) and No.5 and No.6 on Yin Yue Tai’s Kpop Monthly Chart (China) for three consecutive months since its release March 26, 2019.
Awards of Ateez Members
On December 7, Ateez received a total of three awards from MAMA, including “Best Music Video” and “Best Kpop Song of the Year” for “Say My Name,” while they won an award from iQIYI for “Most Popular Group of the Year.” They also walked home with three trophies from MTV Fan Fest in Japan on December 21, including “Best New Artist.”
Ateez Members and their DOB
- Hongjoong – Leader, Rapper, Vocalist. Born January 3, 1999.
- Seonghwa – Maknae, Visual. Born June 1, 2000.
- Yunho – Vocalist. Born August 18, 2001.
- Yeosang – Lead Dancer, Rapper, Maknae. Born December 12, 2001.
- San – Main Dancer, Vocalist. Born October 5, 2002.
- Mingei – Vocalist, Maknae. Born December 19, 2003
- Wooyoung – Main Dancer. Born August 12, 2004.
- Jongho – Vocalist, Rapper. Born December 21, 2004.
– Treasure EP.1: All To Zero [Released on June 27] – Track List:
- 01 – TREASURE.
- 02 –SPOT.
- 03 – One More Chance.
- 04 – NICE BOY.
- 05 BABY.
- 06 – We are the one.
- 07 – TREASURE is a song only included in the album.
- 08 – One More Chance.
In 2019 – Treasure EP.2: Zero To One [Released on February 6] – Track List:
- 01 – GATE #1
- 02 – Checkmate
- 03 – Daydream
- 04 – Puzzle
- 05 – Gate Outro
Korean Awards of Ateez Members
- 2019 3rd Gaon Chart Music Awards : “Artist of the Year” Award
- 2019 Korean Entertainment Arts Awards : “Rookie Singer/Dancer Award” – Nomination
- 2018 Mnet Asian Music Awards : “Best New Male Artist” Award
- In 2018 Mnet MAMA FAN’s Choice Most Entertaining Rookie’ Nomination : *he won this award*
- 2018 Melon Music Awards “Rookie of the Year” : Nomination
- 2019, 5th Japan Record Awards – Gold Prize for Best New Artist (International)
- 2019, 32nd Japan Gold Disc Award – Breakthrough Album of the Year (Newcomer) and in May 2019.
- Six members: Hongjoong, Seonghwa, Yunho, Yeosang, San, and Mingei, were honored with a Bronze Prize in the 30th Grand Prix.
Ateez Members Age: Oldest to Youngest
Korea’s popular idol group Ateez consists of 8 members where 7 of them were born in 1999 while the other one was born in 2000. The oldest member in this group is Seonghwa, born on April 3, 1998, and Wooyoung, born on November 26, 1999; both are currently 23 years old. The youngest in the group is Jongho, born in 2000; he is 21 years old. With these facts, it can be said that the Ateez band has an average age of 22.6 years old.
1. Seonghwa April 3, 1998___23 years old
2. Hongjoong November 7, 1998___22 years old
3. Yunho March 23, 1999___22 years old
4. Yeosang Jun 15, 1999___22 years old
5. San July 10, 1999___22 years old
6. Mingi August 9, 1999__22 years old
7. Wooyoung November 26, 1999___21 years old
8. Jongho October 12, 2000__21 years old
The Oldest and Youngest Member of Ateez
Seonghwa is currently the oldest member in Ateez, born on April 3, 1998; he is currently 23 years old (2018). Meanwhile, Jongho is the youngest since he was born in 2000; he is 21 years old (2018), making him one year younger than Hongjoong. Many members in Ateez all originated from different countries like South Korea, China, and Japan. Seonghwa (born in Busan), Mingi (born in Seoul), San (born in Shanghai), Jongho (born in Shizuoka), and Yeosang (born Hanam) are from South Korea. Hongjoong (born in Gyeonggi), Wooyoung (born in Incheon), and Yunho (born in Jeju) are from Japan, whereas Yeosang is from China.
Career of Members
All of the members began their careers as models, where they appeared on magazine covers, fashion shows, and advertisements before joining a band group. They debuted back in 2016 under their current company, Treasure 8, with the name BLOCK B. However, after a year, some changes were made since two Korean members left the group to join another agency, allowing two new additions to join them, including Mingi and Jongho, who joined in 2017.
They have been active ever since, making appearances on numerous music programs such as Music Bank, Show Champion, and Music Core. Their most recent comeback was on May 25, 2018, with the title track “Treasure” from their 3rd mini-album, which features Wooyoung; they appeared in music shows to promote this album for several weeks in South Korea. Although they are considered rookies (debuting one year ago), BLOCK B has already gained recognition worldwide – especially in Japan, where they hold many concerts.
Their popularity is mainly due to their singing and dancing skills and how well-known each member is individual; all of them have both modeling and acting experience, which attracts non-Korean fans. Overall, Ateez is a rookie idol band with much potentials since they can sing or dance well. They can also release many songs in the future if they continue to work hard since their debut was less than two years ago.
Ateez Members Height and Facts
The group known as Ateez debuted on August 30, 2018, under the label KQ Entertainment. KQ Entertainment manages them along with WM Entertainment. Ateez probably got their name from Ateez, the disbandment announcement title for their members’ previous groups, and one of their songs.
- He was born on July 25, 1996, and his height is 172cm.
- His hometown is Anyang, Gyeonggi-do.
- Hobbies: Listening to music and composing.
- Seonghwa is a member of Ateez and currently serving in the military.
- His height is 178cm.
- He is part of the band’s visual, and because of that, fans and people around him compare his looks to a drawing and call him “Toothless.”
- He entered YG Entertainment in 2012, but after a year, he left.
- He is 183cm tall.
- Education: Yunho graduated from Yoyogi Animation High School and went to SOPA.
- Yunho’s favorite food is noodles in general and Jjamppong in specific.
- His favorite number is seven because October 7 (his birthday) is October 7.
- Yeosang’s birthplace is Pohang, South Korea.
- He began training at BigHit from 2015 to 2017. His height is 173 cm.
- He was a BigHit trainee with MingYoon, YeonDong, SunWoo, and other trainees.
- Yeosang attended IB Music Academy in Busan.
- His birthplace is Namhae, South Gyeongsan, South Korea.
- His height is 175 cm. San speaks fluent pronunciation of English.
- His birthplace is Incheon, South Korea. His height is 183cm.
- He played soccer in his childhood, but after seeing SHINee’s” Ring Ding Dong” stage, he started dancing and performing for different events.
- Before joining Ateez, Minhee was a trainee at Woollim Entertainment.
- He liked dancing at first but started rapping after joining Ateez.
- Wooyoung’s birthplace is Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. His height is 173cm.
- Wooyoung is a member of the BigHit Trainee group.
- His name is Welsh Corgi, and he has a very appealing appearance. He stated that people had compared him to a Welsh Corgi.
- He wants to be identified as a person who is strong, powerful, and bold. His favorite hue is black.
- Jongho’s Birthplace is Seoul, South Korea.
- He has a younger sister named Choi Seulgi.
- Height: 176 cm
- Role Model: BTS’s Jungkook (MIXNINE Profile)