Last Updated on January 9, 2024 by asifa
The trend of streaming content soared during the global COVID-19 lockdown continues to flourish. The need for home entertainment, the development of more sophisticated technologies, and wider internet access and mobile phone usage have been contributing factors. Video streaming for home entertainment is the most popular form though streaming is fast becoming a staple marketing and sales practice in the corporate world too. With the rise of streaming for entertainment and business purposes, more people are using a VPN (Virtual private network) to enhance the streaming process and improve data security. The role of a VPN and why you might need one is considered in this blog post.
Table of Contents
What is a virtual private network and why do I need one?
VPN stands for virtual private network. It gives users access to private networks and protects their public network and data. A VPN conceals your Internet Protocol (IP) address. With consumers becoming more security conscious and protective of personal and business data, it’s important to read the following advantages of investing in a VPN:
- More access to videos and entertainment from around the world. Increased streaming speeds and a smoother viewing experience.
- Increased confidence when using wifi in public settings. A VPN has sophisticated encryption systems for added peace of mind. With more remote workers and people travelling for work there is a greater need for consumers to access wifi in safety almost anywhere.
- A VPN will not use up your data allowance – a big bonus when travelling and contacting family members or colleagues.
- Added security for cloud and email accounts.
- It covers your tracks when you’re conducting research. A VPN can give you a different IP address which enables you to check out competing businesses without leaving a trace. This can also be helpful when looking for a new job or planning surprise trips!
It throws Google off the scent.
With search engine giants tracking everything you do and targeting you with marketing data, a VPN prevents this intrusive practice and restores your privacy.
With messaging services from simple texts to WhatsApp and Social media platforms, private conversations are a must today. A VPN ensures that all conversations are encrypted and inaccessible to outsiders.
A VPN allows users free access to censored websites when travelling in countries with restrictive internet policies.
A VPN will enable users to access full internet sites even when restrictions are imposed in public locations, like schools and libraries
With more children and adults playing online games, a VPN will protect account details and remove barriers to geo restrictions
- Keeps voice calls completely private
With a VPN the calls are always encrypted and virtually impossible to penetrate.
With internet fraud on the rise and an increase in sophisticated data hackers, the need for enhanced privacy systems and advanced encryption procedures has become paramount.
For peace of mind a VPN is a great way of enhancing your online security.