No one wants to have molds in their home. But since these microscopic spores exist naturally, it can be hard to detect their presence using the naked eye. A qualified mold remediation company like Carolina Crawl Space Pros can help solve your mold issues. We are a team of qualified mold removal experts and crawl space contractors with years of experience in the field. You can count on our team for quality services at the most affordable costs.
To share with you a bit of our expertise, here are five steps to proper mold remediation:
· Learn how moisture triggers mold growth.
The number one cause of mold buildup in your property is moisture. Standing water and moisture barrier issues often cause moisture problems. It is important to understand where moisture is coming from. Determining moisture source and location can help you locate mold growth and prevent the increase in their population.
· Create a mold remediation plan.
Before anything else, you need to document your mold situation, either through photos, videos, and writing and use these documents to create a mold remediation plan. Mold remediation companies will use these documents to identify the procedures, needed testing, the remediation schedules, and other considerations.
· Calculate the extent of mold contamination.
Mold tends to be invisible at times, and it can be present in the different parts of your home. Calculating the extent of the contamination can help you determine the proper removal and cleanup approach.
· Remediate mold contamination.
Mold remediation involves a series of tasks to prevent exposure and new growth. At Carolina Crawlspace Pros, we always target the source when it comes to mold removal and remediation. If it’s a water problem that’s causing mold growth, you need to repair them before starting any mold cleanup activities.
Next, you may need to isolate the contaminated area by closing doors and windows. Seal all openings to prevent the spread of mold spores to the other parts of the house. You also need to remove all mold-damaged materials and mist the area. The wet and moldy stuff must be put in a plastic bag, double-bag, and tie closed.
Clean the non-moldy materials by brushing and wiping them with disposable wipes. Clean the affected area using a HEPA vacuum and clean the surfaces with a damp cloth and detergent solution. Dry the cleaned materials to let moisture evaporate.
· Determine the success of the mold cleanup.
To determine if you had a successful mold remediation process, you need to check if your moisture problem is solved. Then, identify if there are still signs of mold- the presence of moldy materials and mold odors. You should also check if there are aggravated health-related symptoms when you occupy the space.
Benefits of Mold Remediation and Removal
Mold remediation and removal offers a lot of benefits to both your comfort and finances. Read below to learn the advantages of scheduling a service for your residential property:
· Mold removal and remediation prevent the spread of mold to the other parts of your home.
· Mold spores cause allergies and respiratory difficulties. A mold removal service will ensure that you have clean indoor air that keeps everyone in the house healthy.
· Huge population of mold brings musty and foul odor which is very annoying and inconvenient.
· A mold-free home fetches a high market price. Home buyers always ask for a home inspection report and if mold infestation is included in the data, chances are, they will turn away from your property.
· If not given enough attention, mold can cause structural damage and you might be faced with expensive renovation and repair.
Are you dealing with mold and need an expert mold remediation service? Carolina Crawlspace Pros is the best mold removal company in the area.
For 25 years, Carolina Crawlspace Pros has been committed to delivering exceptional workmanship and unmatched customer service to residential and commercial clients in Charlotte, NC, and nearby communities. Armed with years of experience and state-of-the-art products, you can count on us for all your crawl space and waterproofing problems.
Give us a call to discuss your issues and find the solutions that will end your mold problems once and for all!
Read more interesting articles at https://myurlpro.com